Tuesday, March 25, 2014

California Dreaming



6 x 8 inches oil on canvas board.  This is my contribution to the four tube Dailypaintworks Challenge.  I started with White, Cd red medium, Cd yellow medium, and Phalo Blue as you can see on the pallet below.


I then worked out the drawing from the photograph of the challenge. I decided to change the point of view so that I imagined myself closer to sea level.



I then toned the canvas with a gray I made from the chosen colours and added an outline of my drawing. I then proceeded to paint mostly with a pallet knife. If anyone wants to buy this they will have to wait a bit for it because I just painted it today and it is going to have to stay with me for a while until it dries. This was fun - we should try it again. There's a couple of feet of snow outside on March 25 and it helps to think of someplace warm.

No comments:

Post a Comment