Tuesday, November 30, 2021

The Future is Here and it's Electric

 

12 x 9 inches - oil on hardboard - Here comes a rant (sorry). While it is true that the sticker price on long range electric vehicles is a bit higher than their gas counterparts, after a few years of lower costs for charging, no oil changes, no mufflers, no brake wear, and cheaper maintenance in general, they are already less expensive. I can go about 510 km (317 miles) on a single charge. I can travel pretty well anywhere in North America because of superchargers. Where I charge the most is at home because I plug in when I get home and the car is ready to go the next time I need it. On the road, it usually takes less than half an hour which is time to get a coffee but barely time for lunch. The best thing about them is that they are fun to drive.

No comments:

Post a Comment