Thursday, March 16, 2023

Peonies in the Morning

 

9 x 12 inches - oil on linen board - I tend to jump around when it comes to both subjects and style. I suppose I could stick to one thing and perfect it. That might sell more and increase the popularity of my work. However, that would not be as much fun for me and I would not learn as much. So I will probably continue to do a series of a few at a time and then move on to something else. I hope you will have patience with me as I try to become a better artist. For inspiration and ideas I draw on a lifetime of experiences including travel, places I have lived, visits to family and just plain imagination. You will find subjects from Peterborough, the small town where I live along with our gardening experiences there, Stratford where we spend a lot of time particularly in the summer, from Hawaii where we have visited three times, from Rondeau Park a small bay on the north shore of Lake Erie where I spent a lot of my youth....etc. etc. You will also find portraits of pets that I have done by request mostly. Getting a portrait made of your pets is a good thing to do, because I am often asked to recreate an image of a pet that has passed. The most valuable thing you can do is to take a photo at eye level of your pet while they are with you and you will not regret the effort.

No comments:

Post a Comment