Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Trout Stream in Winter

12 x 16 inches - oil on canvas board - Let's talk about painting supports. This was painted on an inexpensive yet archival canvas board because I am thrifty. I don't want to be to precious about my paintings so I go for what works for me and gives me a solid end product. I am not fond of stretched canvas except for very large paintings due to weight, and prefer a solid surface that will not flex after the paint dries. I know that I enjoy painting them and sharing them on line. Occasionally someone likes them enough to buy one which is great. So its all good. Because I am old, I have some paintings that I did more than 40 years ago that appear to be in as good shape as they were when I painted them. So I know for sure the paintings that I do now will outlast me and probably outlast anyone who buys one. Now if I get famous in 300 years after I am gone and the Louvre wants to hang one, they can pay the big bucks for a conservator to fix what is ailing with it or they can just pound sand.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment